accompanied by its division
in various categories depending on
some of its constituent factors.
Initially, marketing was connected with
the production and distribution of goods and services, but afterwards
it expanded to other areas like social, politic, entertainment.
Moreover, even inside the company took
place a specialization
Considering the area where marketing is
applied we distinguish between:
- Internal marketing
- International marketing
- Global marketing
When taking into account the market
features marketing focuses on:
- Marketing of individual
- Business to business
- Supply marketing, also called Inverted marketing.
Specialization according to product
- Material goods marketing
- Commercial services marketing (tourism, banking,
- Public services marketing (education, health)
- Social causes marketing (politic, religious, environmental
- Cultural values marketing (works of art, stage plays,
Marketing generates a series of
that cause the customer satisfaction:
- Product utilities. The product features are advantages for
- Place utilities. Bringing a product closer to the
consumption place through the distribution channel. Marketing provides
the needed products as close as possible to the customer's house or
workplace, to simplify the act of buying.
- Time utilities. Are closely related to the place
utilities. Bringing the product closer assures the purchase of the
product in a shorter time.
- Psychic utilities. The satisfaction the customer gets from
purchasing renown brands.
Having many areas of expansion,
specialized departments and generating many utilities to the
customers, marketing has shifted its focus from simply manufacturing
products to meeting society's needs.